Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Magazine Madness

So as I stumble aimlessly through my Twitter life I have come across some pretty rad magazines. One of which is basically a rendition of the topic I'm using to make a magazine. Only this one is real.


It's an all girl's action sport magazine. I like it so far I just wish they would update their website and facebook page a little more. 
So winter it's skiing and snowboarding. Summer it's basically everything else. So it's universal they have a health, beauty and travel section.

The second magazine is called Foam.

This is the california-y type mag that still has an alternative vibe. They still feature the same kinds of sports as Cooler but have a stronger music and culture thing going for them. I'm going back to Cali Cali.


So both equally cool just kinda expensive. Thus bringing me to the issue of is online better than print. Well.... I think both are good. Why? Because on these darn websites I want to read more and watch something. They never give you all that you want, they want to make you purchase a subscription, which is smart. There is some stuff I can't get off the website that I can get in a magazine ... but.... What I think is a genius idea is to have a subscription online where people can read digitally. And they can also have a feature to watch different clips combining both read and watch. Blamo. Make a nice ebook version online with some sweet ass links and there you have it (clearly I'm not an IT person, these things should just magically happen). 

No comments:

Post a Comment