Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tweet a little, Tweet of me

 So today I am no longer a Twitter virgin. I have joined the ranks of tweeters around the world. I have put off this moment as long as humanly possible because the idea of tweeting to me sounds ridiculous. I mean really who cares what I can say in 140 characters. Not only am I constrained to 140 per text message (yes I am smart phones-less at the present moment) but now I am constrained by 140 characters on Twitter. What can I really say in 140 characters that is really relevant? Time will tell I guess. I mean it won't be that bad, I get to tweet for school, not many people can say that. As a social tool Twitter is pretty genius when you think about it. It allows people to hear what you have to say ALL over the world at any time. It is a small world after all. We can find people with similar interests and hobbies. We can find information in the blink of an eye. I love the idea as the people for an information source. The girl beside me tweeted about trying to find a parking spot near school and found a cheap and close spot in less then a couple hours. Without Twitter it would've taken me days to find a spot that may have been much farther. So this could mean that Twitter is a world changing tool with pretty high importance. Kind of shakes up my views on it a little. So I guess Twitter may not be the end of the world after all. See I'm coming around already.

No comments:

Post a Comment