Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WTF is Groupon?

Well dear friends I find myself signed up for yet another coupon-type-thing, but this time it's different.



Don't tempt me Groupon. I actually will use my carrier pigeons.


So now that I kind of have an idea of what Groupon is thanks to this very helpful YouTube video (see I told you I learn EVERYTHING from YouTube videos), I can now decide whether or not it's useless or not.

Is Groupon just another lame attempt to get me to buy things? Of course it is. But is it really worth it or should I just go back to my regular Show and Save booklet? I mean a bought that darn thing and only used about 5 of the coupons. Coupons sit in my wallet for literally years and I refuse to throw them out "just in case I need them."

So what makes Groupon different from my tattered coupons. I mean they're both supporting local businesses, but coupons are FREE!

But maybe Groupon is onto something. I mean, if I choose to buy into it then surely I'll use it unlike the Daly Burger coupon a acquired six months ago (the dancing hot dog guy enticed me more than the coupon did). But really the proof is right in front of me, I signed up for Groupon a month and a half ago and I have yet to buy into one. The only deal that enticed me was the American Apparel deal and that was long over by the time I started getting their deal emails. Now it's like "Spend $20 for U Putz mini golf and you get a $30 dollar value!!!" um no thanks. Not that I have anything against mini golf, but I think that when it comes down to my mini golf playing time I'll just pay full price.

Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment